Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Angi And The Beanstalk . . .

I interrupt your regularly scheduled life to bring you exciting news!  Get ready, black bean enthusiasts . . .  

It's true:  I've harvested my first batch of black beans!!

I've been anticipating this moment for a very long time, however, last fall, when I planted the heritage variety Cherokee Trail of Tears Black Beans, I promptly ate every. single. one.  while they were still green, on vine.



They were that good!

I managed, thanks to the Purple Podded Pole Beans, which I ate voraciously, to leave these beauties alone long enough to come to full age in the pod.  They then had to cure, then I had to thresh them.

Voila'!!  BLACK BEANS!!  Woot!

There are plenty more where these came from.  A series ready to be harvested and cured are hanging on vine now; and a fresh planting, just coming to bud are standing stately on the trellis, awaiting the same fate.

Next up?  Supper with these precious, beautiful babies . . . I can't wait to find out how incredible they taste!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails