Friday, June 05, 2009

Square Foot Gardening On Steroids

It probably comes as no surprise to anyone here at ChoiceCentral that I, a full-fledged Chooser, would have a strong tendency to bend the rules. Or, in some cases ask, "What rules?"

The trait carries into almost every category of my life, much to the chagrin of my less-than-excited-about-risk-taking friends and counterparts. Often I find that the 'ride-on-the-wild-side' avenue I take nets wonderful adventures and rewards, some tangible, some not-so-tangible . . . and in the event of an obstacle or hindrance, I somehow manage to find a solution by the seat of my pants.

Take for instance my Square Foot Garden. With great gusto I jumped into this project. I'd studied The All New Square Foot Garden book from cover to cover, read and re-read, and - just for good measure - checked the book out of the library just one more time before I actually got down to the business thereof.

Here I am, several months later, and well into the thick of the project.

I've been learning by trial and error.

I've been munching on some delicious vittles.

But I've got to tell ya, Choosers ~ my garden is on steroids.

Managing the cucumber plant alone is a task worthy of hiring help! That baby has done nothing short of attempt to overtake the entire grid!

I'm amazed at the robust health and size of the plants that have sprouted from the depths of the amazing Mel's Mix soil.

One mental note I've made to myself, however:
When Mel says "easy on the seeds within a grid" he means "easy on the seeds within a grid!" As I move forward, planting new items in the grid squares as other plants go out, I'll be following the rules a tad bit closer.
Just a few seeds per square is all I'll need.

:)

8 comments:

Kristal said...

Can I come to your house and have some? Those cucs look soooo good!

Alissa said...

I wish I could get mine to look like that.

Unknown said...

Oh my!! Angi! I want to do that. It looks just wonderful :-D

Anonymous said...

I am empressed! MOM

Mozer said...

Angi, your garden looks great! Mine is just starting to bloom. I hope it ends up looking as good as yours :)

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I'm really impressed.

Theresa in WV said...

I'm a square foot gardener also.

What I want to know is how do you keep the aphids from destroying it?!

The Hayes Zoo said...

GOOD GRAVY WOMAN!

That is an impressive garden. How green ARE your thumbs???

Wish mine would do that...grrrrr...

Related Posts with Thumbnails