Sunday, May 03, 2009

Tot School [Tuesday] - Volume 8

Toddler's Creed

If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

-T. Berry Brazelton




Hello, Tot Schoolers! It's a beautiful morning ~ and my L'il Man has gone down for his nap early. This isn't the first time this week he has done so. I suspect a growth spurt is working its' way through his system.

The week was challenging, as there were several sleepless nights and cranky, needy days. However, we managed to overcome them with patience and love.

Keeton joined us after the turbulent days were over, and I discovered the Toddler Creed having significance among us! The KBoyz, ever inching toward showing their knowledge of their individuality and independence, revealed a brand new awareness of ownership of toys.

While they might have had strong emotion surrounding sharing, they did NOT want to play completely solo. The great out of doors was the easiest remedy for the indoor Toddler Toy Blues. The garden was our first stop.

The heat drove us back indoors, where I pulled out the Tot Trays, much to their delight.
Clay and beads were first, followed by a new item I discovered by accident! Hidden away in a drawer, I found two nifty boxes that held several lipstick caps that had been replaced by clear ones. The insert served as a shape sorter, and the light lids clanked together with a pleasant sound.
Not only that, but one could put their fingers in the lids, and make finger covers! The Boyz played for some time with this, before deciding that throwing the lids was even more fun.
[Ahem.]

Singing the "Clean Up" song was immediately employed! LOL
Tot Schoolers Web-wide are sharing their classrooms and ideas! Find more Tot School links here!






5 comments:

Monica said...

I wish I had known about this "Tot School" stuff when my kids were little. I can just imagine all of the "fun" you all are having with the KBoyz as they sre growing and changing and personalities developing. They are both such adorable little boys, and it's so much fun to watch them grow via your blog! I can't believe how big they are getting to be!!!

Anonymous said...

Seeing those boys and your home, just makes me smile. :) They are darling... still!

I'm with Monica and wish we had Tot School oh.so.many years ago. I enjoy seeing what they work with through your blog.

A great chuckle over the lipstick caps!! :)

Anonymous said...

such cuties - and your garden is looking great!

Anonymous said...

They are a couple of cuties. What great friends they will be for each other!

Pamela said...

I love, love your garden! We have a small yard and that would work perfect for us! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails