Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tot School [Tuesday] - Volume 10



With all the "Hollywood Hulla-baloo" this past week, our purposed and intentional Tot School efforts were pushed into a tiny corner of our world ~ but not to the negating of L'il Man's learning efforts! Water play came to the forefront - a enjoyable distraction that provides hours of fun in the [hot Mississippi!] sun.

While I played Administrative Secretary on all things LA, the Israeliboy graciously entertained his little brother with wetness.

Once all was said and done logistically, Aubrey and I turned our long wait for word from Israel in LA into a factory assembly line, completing the Zoo Animal Cards I spoke of in last week's Tot School post.

After these were laminated and connected (with ribbon, no less, since I could not locate my o-rings!) I was amazed at how interested in them Keller was. He carried them with him; asked for them; browsed the pictures; listened repeatedly as I went through the list with the letter sounds . . . AND . . . learned new signs for all but about three of the animals!

It warmed my heart that my zoo prep plans were so warmly received! Within a few days, we'll be at a major zoo, putting these learning efforts to work with real live animals! YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still coming my way?

RockerMom said...

The zoo cards are great. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails