Monday, December 29, 2008

Padre Pio And The Hombre From Down South

It is a classical case of 'Which Witch Is Which?**'

A veritable 'Who's Who Among Patron Saints.'
You see, apparently, my Father-In-Love has a twin. Or a stunt double, depending on how one looks at it.

Recently walking the streets of his hometown, he was stopped from his travels by a passer-by, inquiring as to whether or not he was indeed the infamous Padre Pio.

Sharing the tale with us, he disclosed that it was not the first time he had been asked the question.

Therefore, the GilGuy undertook the necessary research to discover why this was so.

Proof is in the pudding as they say. You be the judge.
I submit for your perusal Exhibit A - Padre Pio:




and Exhibit B - Father-In-Love:



Question du Jour: Would you mistake my FIL for Padre Pio?

**No derogatory intent, merely a play on words

7 comments:

Frank Rega said...

Definitely a double! I just sent your link to my 400-member Padre Pio prayer group, and also to www.spiritdaily.com (They have a feature called On the Lighter Side).
Peace
Frank Rega
www.frankrega.com

Anonymous said...

I am one of those on Frank Rega's SanPadrePio list. So, I decided to come and see for myself. The picture of your father in law holding the baby, he has the look of love that St. Padre Pio always had, and I can see the resemblence there.

I hope he has a devotion to St. Padre Pio.

All my love in the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
Joan h.
www.familyland.org

Anonymous said...

They are very similar! Same expression in the eyes.

Unknown said...

Wow... very similar indeed!

Anonymous said...

I can certainly see the resemblance!

(bowiemom)

Beth said...

Definitely a strong resemblance!

~ Denise ~ said...

aww...Buzz! ;0

Related Posts with Thumbnails