Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Training Wheels

I found the analogy worthy of my current experience:

My computer system (rigged with particular bells and whistles to me, carefully selected and bestowed upon me by my husband) is very much like a ten-speed bicycle. Plenty of operating room, plenty of gears with which to down shift if necessary, in order to power up that hill. A sleek design, capable of moving swiftly at a mere muscular command, taking me where I wish to go.

My sons' computer system (rigged with just a basic operating system, nary a bell nor a whistle) is like a tricycle. A three-wheeled job that gets one down to the end of the driveway and back, with quite a bit of physical exertion just to complete that task. It's cute, it's functional, but it's not all that equipped to take me where I need to go on a daily basis.

When I discovered over the past 24 hours that I was completely unable to resize and crop photos without downloading a program, my heart sank. When I found out that I could not open a MS Word document without downloading a reader (a reader!!), I felt at a loss. When I realized that I could not tune in to my favorite internet Bible study without accessing once again the software, I felt undermined.

The search continues for my operating system cd that would take me through the restoration process necessary for my computer's good health. Gil is *certain* he moved it to Cali with us. I cannot locate it here, he cannot locate it there.

With an honest and sincere heart I've repented for my misuse of valuable time. Truly I have. Therefore, my heart cry is that the Lord's correction will come to an end. May He see fit to reveal that which is hidden, and restore unto me my operating system cd.

Please, Lord? Pretty please??


For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Luke 12:2

2 comments:

Southern Latitudes said...

I have given you an award on my blog. www.raisingfishermen.blogspot.com.

Love,
Robin of FL (formerly on SL)

~ Denise ~ said...

maybe a mac? oh, maybe a gateway-a-la-johnson will fix ya! ;0

Related Posts with Thumbnails