Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Flying The Friendly Skies

With a Mom like me, it was bound to happen at some point.

Keller was destined to fly at an early age. While I tried to smuggle him onboard at 4 months, Gil was havin' none of it . . .so, I waited until he was six months old. ")

He was a L'il Trooper, snagging the heart of many a passer-by and flight attendant.




It was a nice trial run. We'll be revisiting the big bird shortly, as we fly into the sunset. But that's a blog post for another day.

The trip to meet family went swimmingly. You may recall that not too long ago, the DellDog was feeling quite a bit of consternation concerning the knowledge that one of his siblings had been procured for purchase by his very, very good friend D.


Not a cousin, not a nephew, but a bonafide half brother. That is the familial connection between Dell and Copernicus, pictured here:


The CopSter is quite the rambunctious fellow (taking after his Dad, of course) and was in all sorts of "wanna play king of the mountain?" modes over the long weekend. He is simply adorable, and lovable, and I'm having to suppress my "oh, he's so cute, why can't I have another" wannahavapuppyhormones.

To assuage myself, I've pulled out baby pictures. Just look at the family resemblance!

I do believe that a new series may result, one including Dell and his pesky L'il Brother. Hmmmmm.

")

In between puppy breath kisses and Keller tendings, I managed a Scrabble game or two. We all cozied up for round or two of wordy fun, complete with Strawberry Limeaide and chips.

With that component added in, I can undeniably report that my weekend away was a big hit. A nice respite before the Big Move.

But ~ as I said before . . .that's a blogpost for another day. ")

(Ummm, Dell . . .do you have frequent flyer miles, perchance?)

3 comments:

20-something said...

i made your blog!! woohooo!!

i'm glad we got to meet and hang out! it was great!! and thanks for the book, can't wait to devour it!

~ Denise ~ said...

and, why did I find a Scrabble tile underneath YOUR chair? ..mmm...

love ya girl and miss ya much! your visit was way fun!

~ Denise ~ said...

and, why did I find a Scrabble tile underneath YOUR chair? ..mmm...

love ya girl and miss ya much! your visit was way fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails