Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Bean Sprouts Over Halfway!

I'm really excited to post today's blog ~ this makes number SEVEN in a string of twelve, designed to rehabilitate my inner blogger.

While nothing happened today that was as nail biting as yesterday's scenario, I guarantee the day was NOT boring.  :)  Sparing my readers the intrinsic details, and fast forwarding to supper, I'm certain to garner cheers from the gastronomical crowd as I wow and impress you with my last minute triumphant meal!

Our story begins after I left the mechanic shop, at least two hours past the time I expected to be home, without my vehicle, and now in step with my husband's schedule, and in his car.  The Pork Loin and Roasted Vegetables would have to wait for tomorrow.

Our last stop before home led me straight to the doors of the new but old Asian Grocery.  They had just moved into new digs, and I'd missed a couple scheduled deliveries of bean sprouts because . . . well, they weren't being delivered!  Surely tonight there would be some delicious sprouts, not sprayed with preservatives and packaged in polyurethane-style packaging . . .

I was right!  Snagging the sprouts, and some baby bok choy, the kitchen was calling my name.  There, I made this:

Chop Suey

1 lg boneless chicken breast, diced (optional)
2 TB coconut oil


Saute'  then add:


1/2 diced onion
2 celery stalks, diced
1 sm green pepper, julienned
2 baby bok choy sprigs, diced
1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 can of water chestnuts


Stir fry the above ingredients, adding 1 tsp of salt and using black pepper to season to your liking.  Then add:


1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1 - 2 cups bean sprouts


Bring to a gentle simmer until heated through.


Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add 2 TB cornstarch to 1/3 cup cold water.  Mix well, then add 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar.  Mix again, then pour over vegetables, heat until thickened slightly, serve over rice.

My only disappointment with this quick, easy and healthy little meal is/was that I DIDN'T TAKE ONE PHOTO!!  EGADS!

:Whatonearthhappenedtome?:
:HowcouldIhavefailedsothoroughly?:

In this case, you'll have to forgive me, go straight to your stove top, cook up your own batch of melt in your mouth deliciousity, and see for yourself.

And hey!  If you happen to be halfway toward a personal of goal of any kind, you can rest assured this meal is a great way to celebrate.  Honest.  :D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails