Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Scratch That . . .

Yesterday literally looked like chicken scratch by the time all was said and done.

* Big plans to finish a major overhaul of the front room. The KBoys were in full force. Scratch that.

* Responded to yet another call for jury duty, arrived on time and ready, called to the jurors box immediately, requested release, granted reprieve. Scratch that.

* Back home to a simmering crock pot, filled with plans for a week of suppers, and pizza dough ready to be kneaded and baked, that I might feed my hungry crew, including Tiffany, when she arrived to pick up KeetBeet. Israel travelled to distant lands with friends, Aubrey disappeared to the neighbors, Gil is gluten intolerant, and Tiffany? Well . . . she had no plans on staying for supper. Scratch that. I ate pizza alone.

* Call the groomer for the DellDog's haircut. He can't be seen until the 20th. Great. Scratch that.

Need I say more? Therefore, I did the only logical thing at the close of the day. I put my feet up, grabbed the latest magazine to enter our home, and read voraciously about chickens, in The Backyard Chickens gazette.

Chickens, you ask?

Why yes. Chickens.

1 comment:

Debi said...

I like that magazine. We have one lonely chicken left out there in the barn.

Hey aren't those last to lines from a Veggie Tales??? mmmmmmm

I was going to make pizza tonight, however they BOYS-M, J, & C ate all the pepperoni while I was laying down. So instead they will be getting elbow butter noodles with mixed veggies. Yum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails