Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Looking For Love

I was looking for love in all the wrong places
Looking for love in too many faces
Searching your eyes, looking for traces
Of what.. I'm dreaming of...

The old familiar Waylon Jennings song from the 80's has been sung by countless, untold millions, no doubt. In their car on the way to work; in shower after they rise; over lunch and coffee; enroute back home. In small town bars and big city concerts. Made even more famous with the movie Urban Cowboy, the song has circuited the globe with generational appeal.

I'm happily married, I'm here to say ~ yet time and time again I read, or hear of heartbreaking accounts of lackluster relationships, or soured dreams.

This morning I had occasion to read a verse of Scripture that I had spoken to a friend just days before. My eyes held it steady in the early morning light.

My soul, wait thou in silence for God only; For my expectation is from him. Psalm 62:5

Misplaced expectations, or expectations that are resonable, yet remain unmet in a relationship can sting and injure. For those who are hurting today, I pray that they might be able to refocus their expectation upon God alone.

Looking for love? Look to the One Who Is Love.
God is love. 1 John 4:8

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails