Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Described

No one has specifically asked my opinion.

I've been largely silent in the debate.

When I have spoken (perhaps, two or three times in the voluminous discussion), my words have been regarding the affirmation of nuetral valuable merits of the finer point of community life and relationship.

I've been listening, leaning in to understand both sides.

Today, a friend asked in an indirect way the reason for my subdued countenance.

The answer was simple - I would not be casting my full-on opinion until all the players has spoken; the matter brought to a point of resolution -

He that giveth answer before he heareth, It is folly and shame unto him. Proverbs 18:13


- however, the simple answer revealed that a subconscious program was running within me.

I had not been externally aware that I had engaged it, the Scriptural premise, until called upon to describe myself.

So there you have it. I'm hearing the full matter before I answer.

I'm listening friends, and praying for reconciliation.

Consider me described.

2 comments:

mary grace said...

Right by your side, sister.

Luke Holzmann said...

I would love to do that, and I try. Unfortunately, for me, I sometimes struggle to get real information from both sides of an issue... But this is good. Keep it up!

~Luke

Related Posts with Thumbnails