Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Seeking His

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He shall guide you into all the Truth: for He shall not speak from Himself; but what things soever He shall hear, these shall He speak: and He shall declare unto you the things that are to come. John 16:13

There come seasons wherein changes begin to occur that would seem outside of ones' ability to control. Or manage. Or make different; tweaked somehow.

So it is with our Adventure. Knowing that the countdown of days is upon us, I am having to pull up close and personal to the face of what this next window of time is going to look like for me. Us.

I've never been one to shirk from adventure; the opportunity to go, to grow. Yet, and somehow, the Lord would have me look once again into the face of doing something I said 'never' to.

While intrinsically, there is nothing wrong with California, I have *never* wanted to live there. Yet, here I go, embarking on an extended stay that will force me to face my own internal angst. And fears.

Fear.

There. I said it.

What am I afraid of?

An invisible boogey-man? No, not so invisible.

A culture that is world's away from what I consider to be wholesome.** A region marked by lasciviciousness. A geographical plane filled with fault lines below the surface. Earthquakes.

Earthquakes?

Earthquakes.

Allright. So, I'm afraid of earthquakes.

Why? I've braved rainstorms and hailstorms; hurricanes and tornadoes. In each situation, where has my safety been found?

It has been found in the Creator of those storms, the Creator of this earth. Did the Lord not create the geographical area we call California just as well as He created my beloved plains of Nebraska? The humidity drenched landscape of Mississippi? Indeed He did.

With that then in mind, may I set foot upon an adventure to seek His as I go.

May I find Him in the landscape.
May I find Him in the people. The culture.
May I find Him in the storm and the quaking of earth.
And most importantly,
May I find Him resident in my being in fuller measure as a result.

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21
**Please note I mean no derogatory reference on any who live there. It is a perception, and faulty at best.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails