Sunday, March 23, 2008

And So It Was

that I ended up in Atlanta.

My GilGuy had made a suprise purchase for me of not one, but four tickets to go see Rascal Flatts in New Orleans. The only obvious response was to head east. (Or so he says regarding my personality!)

There are times in life when a road trip is the only solution. The only answer to gleaning tremendous hours of time getting to know someone, or reflection, or downright uninteruppted fun. I managed to squeeze all of the above in. Perfectly. ")

And a bennie to boot! I would be arriving at the new home of a dear sweet friend who had just moved to the area.


My recollection was of her warm and inviting country-style home in a woodsy area of Virginia. I was amazed to find her newly situated in nothing short of a mansion! The tall, elegant structure held a gorgeous staircase, modern surroundings, an apartment, and a pool! Even after the initial welcome, I could hear in my conscience my mother's voice saying "Shut your mouth, Angi", because it was wide open in a state of awe. Even still, Terri was a gracious hostess. ")

I couldn't help but see the parallels between Terri's two abode's. How, when walking in repentance of our sins, and believing on Christ Jesus, we put off the 'old man', the flesh, and put on the 'new man', or the incorruptible life of the manifest Christ.

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

This new life surely fills this body, or 'tabernacle' that we live in, causing us to move to renew our minds, die to self . . .but we know that our corruptible body will be changed, and put on an incorruptible one.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 1 Corinthians 15: 51- 53

We cannot imagine fully the manifest physical nature of our soon-to-come new bodies, our 'new homes' as it were . . .

But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the
sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 1 Corinthians 15: 36-41

but we do know, without a doubt, that our 'mansions' will indeed be magnificent!

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14:1-3

And so it was that Jesus, knowing His intended destination was to receive many sons and daughters into the kingdom headed, not heavenward, but the opposite direction: to earth.

To spend hours of uninteruppted time with us, getting to know us in our fallen state, showing us the picture of the Father . . . indeed, even bearing upon His body our sins ~ all for the purpose of 'moving us' to a new locale.

So it is with great anticipation we desire to move to our new home, saying, "Yes, Lord! Even so, come quickly!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails