Thursday, May 17, 2007

And This Is My Sister . . .

Here she is.

My little sister. Val.

The above smirk is a pretty frequent, or, commonplace look for her. It says so much, without saying a word.

So, while I was home, I wanted to spend some quality time with my sister.

I met her dog, Max.

This is Max:



Isn't he cute?

He and DellDog got along famously, and I think Dell really misses him!

Well, one of the unique things about my Sis is that she lives in Sturgis, SD, home of the infamous Bike Rally. People travel from around the nation to have a week of . . .umm . . .debauchery, er, I mean R & R. :)

I couldn't imagine living there year 'round, but she and her family do, as they run a local business. (I'll show you a picture of my sister's husband in a bit.) As a result, they hang out with quite a few locals.

Here's one. His name is Bob. He and Val and Ryan are pretty great pals, as you can see:


(Now Bob is pretty interesting himself. If you find yourself wearing a Sturgis BikeWeek T-Shirt, Bob is responsible. You can thank him later.)

Anyway, it was during this window of my desire to spend some quality time with my sister that I had occasion to meet Bob, and get a glimpse of my sister's world. I got to see life from her turf. I tagged along, and we had a great time this particular evening. We had so much fun we took pictures!



Now I know that you *think* that this mug says "BudLight" on it . . .and it would make you *think* that there is some alcoholic concoction in it . . .but it's water, I tell ya! Water! I pregnant for pete's sake! :)

So, as the evening progressed, Bob and Ryan decide that what would be best for Angi, the Visiting Relative, is a trip to Deadwood, SD, at midnight, so that she can take in the sights.

I agreed on one condition: I do the driving!

Off we went, traversing the winding road in the middle of the night in the middle of the Black Hills, in Sturgis, SD, to Deadwood, SD, where legends and folklore abound..

I saw some pretty interesting things. Here's one:

Yep. It's true. I saw the inside of the saloon where Wild Bill met his fate. It was a bit eerie. Some wierd picture on the wall had a woman in it who kept following you with her eyes . . .{{shiver}}

But the clencher that evening was the rather unruly guy who really, really wanted to get into a fight with anyone who would take him on.

Of course, my sister's husband, being a pillar of the community simply could not have any rable-rousing on his watch. He befriended the guy . . .See?


(That's Ry, on the right)

So, as soon as the Unruly One settled down, we high-tailed it back to the car, where I once again to the wheel, and brought us Home Again, Home Again, Safe and Sound.

Ah. Quality time with my sister. What an experience! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val hasn't changed a bit!

Sunshyne said...

When I look at this picture of your sister (the one at the top), I see you and Israel. Your whole family has such strong resemblance to one another. Guess you got some strong genes, huh? :P Thanks for the happy thoughts on the house, btw. Made me smile! Miss ya.

~Sunshyne

Anonymous said...

Hiiiiiiiiiii! this is Annie when are you gonna teach your dog not bite me!!! ouch! so when are you come and seeeeeeeeeeee us again huh? when your dog bites me you call 9111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 bye!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I am the wild one, someone has to do it! When you only see your sister once every four years you have to throw her right into the thick of things! She was a trooper for staying up until 3 am and putting up with the three of us. Angi is a genuine person with a great heart, anyone who is around her for more than 30 seconds knows this. Love you Ang. Val
My internet debut and you have to use THAT picture. Hello double chin! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails