Monday, February 27, 2006

Breathing In Beauty

It happens in the quiet stillness of the morning. Birds are chatting one to another outside the window, the aroma of coffee is wafting through the house, and the sunlight is beckoning me to arise and join in it's playful, exuberant celebration of the new morn. Frost covers the landscape as I pour my elixir of rejuvenation, and my heart turns to examine a place of deep joy and peace that I sense within.

Surely my life is blessed, my cup full, and my heart overwhelmed at the goodness of God as He's proven Himself faithful to me over the years. And then I read:

"The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditating in, living in His presence every day of my life, delighting in His incomparable perfections and glory." (Psalms 27:4, Living Bible)

How true this statement, how my heart leaps as I settle in to a quiet spot for a brisk read and heartfelt contemplation of the day. Soon, there will be a bustle of activity as the children arise, Gil departs for the marketplace, and I've calls to make, employ to accomplish.

But not quite yet. A moment of lingering, rejoicing and delighting ~ a heart of thanksgiving for the wonderful gifts the Lord has bestowed upon me: faith, family, health, and love. Surely goodness and mercy follows me every day of my life.

A whispered "Thank You.", and the day begins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in silent member of the Peak group. I read the posts and clicked your blog. What a reminder in a time when I feel remarkably alone. You have a great attitude. Keep it up… I’m sure you didn’t realize God would use you in my life today. Heaven bound, Terre

Unknown said...

Ah, Silent One ~ that I could respond in real time to your statement. I extend my hand in friendship, should you no longer wish to feel alone.

Blessings ~

Angi :)

Anonymous said...

Angi, again I say to you what a magnificent Blog you are producing!
I just viewed Gil's pic (along w/how he brings your cofee!!) and also the children working on projects....and I am awed! I stand in gratitude to Him for bringing you two together...Splendid indeed! Love in Christ, Grampa Buz 10pm Sun Evening
PS: We're fine...

Related Posts with Thumbnails