Friday, February 12, 2010

Gold In Them Thar Hills

Up until last weekend, I have never travelled further north of Los Angeles than Pyramid Lake. Climbing, climbing up the mountains, making my way to San Jose, I didn't know what to expect, although I was looking forward to the view.

Well.

I do not recall ever having been as stunned by a spectacular sight as I was at the sight of the Tejon Mountains. The late afternoon sun glanced off the hillsides in such a fashion that I felt as though I were driving through golden medallions. It took my breath away!


Soon, the mountains gave way to the San Joquaim Valley, and further wowing of my senses began. Orchard after orchard after field after field flew by . . . I might as well have been home in Nebraska, so grand was the sight.

The result was that I looked forward to my return trip with great anticipation. The weather, however, was void of sunshine, and rain was our constant companion. I shouldn't have been concerned.


Even amid cloud cover and water spray, the sight of the Tejon Pass is marvellous to behold. Photographs do not do it justice. However, enjoy with me a sliver of the sight this mountain range delivers.



1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love that area - thnx for the reminder! Makes me so grateful

Related Posts with Thumbnails