Monday, June 22, 2009

Aiming For . . .

I stumbled across this photo this morning, while sharing some photographical information with my oldest daughter regarding Israel's upcoming gig. I had forgotten I'd prepared it for blogging . . . it's been sitting for some time!


As I look at it today, I cannot, for the life of me, remember *what* exactly, it was that I had planned to blog about. However, I do know what came to mind when I saw it fresh this morning: Aim for fruit.

"Um, Angi? Have you lost it? Don't you mean, 'aim for the bullseye' or 'aim for the prize'??" the reader might ask.

No, I've not lost it. Scripture declares:

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3:13-14
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. John 15:8


Fruit in our lives is what the Lord is looking for. He intends that we follow His lead, reflecting the nature of the Father, which is love.

Therefore, a reminder today: Go for the goal! Aim for the prize! Abide, that you might produce. Fruit, that is.

Fruit that remains.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control; against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that - Aim for the fruit! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails