Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Waiting Game

Every so often, someone approaches you, and presents themselves in a quiet, unassuming manner. That calm, serene figure doesn't clamour for your attention; doesn't demand that you regard his or her personhood . . .rather, the dignity with which they carry themselves becomes a resounding expression of great character - and in that expression, obtains your respectful gaze. Such has been the way of my e-friend DancingQueen.

Be delighted, Choosers, by ChoiceCentral's Guest Blogger today!

*****

I was a frustrated soccer mom driving home after a game. Frustrated, upset and disappointed. My son’s team was ahead 4-0 at halftime; but in the end they lost 5-4. The last goal was accidentally put in by our own goalie!

I couldn’t see how it was right. How could it happen? Why did it have to happen to my son’s team? How did it all fit in God’s plan as surely it must? I shook my head in wonder at how God keeps it all straight.

Winning and Losing.
Justice and Injustice.

It was as if God was waiting for me to come to such a realization. That’s when the curtain rose and He put on a show for me:

He reminded me of the ugliness of the first half. Of course! How could I have forgotten? Our goalie had taunted the other team over and over again. I was upset then, too, at why our coach did nothing and how this kid seemed to be getting away with this bad behavior.

The Lord pointed out that Taunt King was indeed the same player who kicked the winning goal for the other team.

Now that’s what I call a penalty kick.

Ouch.

“Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;Their foot shall slip in due
time;” Deuteronomy 32:35a

Fear not, Saints, the Lord sees all.

He knows the deeds of the righteous and the unrighteous.

He’ll make it right. “But what about the teammates of his who lost the game because of him?” you ask. I’m confident God will work all of it out. (I asked my son about this incident from four years ago and he has no memory of it!)

Who is against you today?
Can you remain steadfast till the end of the game?

Who knows? Maybe the guy who mocked you the whole first half will, in the end, put in the winning goal for you.

"Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth." Psalm 1:6

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails