Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Pious Pup.


Who knoweth the spirit of man, whether it goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast, whether it goeth downward to the earth? Ecclesiastes 3:21

It's long been standard fare, that the DellDog join me in my snuggled up reading spot - whether on the couch, or propped up on pillows in the bed - the warmth of his body mingling with the warmth of mine, creating a coziness and comfort to aid the ingestion of words. More often than not, the book of choice has been my Bible.


Little did I know that my actions would have such a profound effect on the canine.

It would appear, Choosers, that Dell has taken up a spiritual quest all his own:


I discovered him yesterday afternoon, curled up on his own accord, with the Word tucked under his front paws, and his eyes gazing downward toward the printed page. It was obvious he was in deep Scriptural study! I'm impressed with his pious endeavor. Perhaps he'll do marvellous works for the Kingdom of God! Convert a multitude to the knowledge of Christ!

Or . . .

Well, perhaps, it behooves me to teach the pup to read first!

"Here, Dell . . .the Book is upside down. Let's turn it right-side up . . .There! Isn't that better? Now - here is the letter 'A' . . ." and so on.


:D









1 comment:

~ Denise ~ said...

Aww...Dell puppy has smooshed-mini schnauzer-beard from sleeping. {{just like my boys}} Sweet puppy! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails