Monday, November 10, 2008

Never Dull Nor Dreary

I've been flipping through photographs tonight.

I should be in bed, sleeping, that I might be ready to go, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed first thing in the morning. There are planes to catch and miles to drive.

Here I sit, scrolling through the digitalized moments of my Grandfather's funeral. The zany but characteristic reality is easy to spot ~ just as it was that day. A reception room filled with those paying their last respects, wearing the traditional dark colors of subdued emotions.

But not my Grandma.

Bright red and cheerful her top; even while her heart was heavy with grief.

It is nothing new. Not out of the ordinary. Not a surprise.

Vivid describes her best.

Much to my delight, my lens was to discover that which my eyes had already noted: Sisters cut from the same cloth.

Meet my Grandma Norma [the brunette] and my Great Aunt Maxine:


Posted by Picasa


Two women who know how to pack a punch of festive flair on any occassion.

3 comments:

Dawn Sodini said...

Such beautiful ladies! How refreshing!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. (((hugs)))

Love the spunk they have!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a Silver Lining
Alissa

Related Posts with Thumbnails