Thursday, November 22, 2007

Unusually Thankful

I'm not one to whine or complain, really.

Especially on holidays. (I've had some doozies.)

I'm rarely wrapped around the axle about the content and presentation of the day.

This year, however, I am weary. Anticipation, displaced by an unusual docket of familial issues, saps my emotional energy.

The day, drawing to a close, quietly receeds, leaving me contemplative. Prayerful.

I find it unusual.

But I'm no less thankful.

And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered; and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Praying for you and yours Angi.

You and your babies have been in my thoughts lately.

Chris Beason said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim & Dave said...

AMEN!!

So comforting to know....the HS is interceeding for us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails