Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Shortsighted Mr. Howe and the Do Gooders

I couldn't believe my ears.

a TEACHER, and INSTRUCTOR, a ROLE MODEL for the children, corrupting thier knowledge of the English language with slang . . .

"Let's try this class, and see if we can do gooder than before."

The entire house groaned. Tiffany protesting the loudest, with Aubrey and Israel responding with "He does that all the time!" speaking of thier video instructor of Math and Science.

Sigh.

So much for an excellent education.

It just ain't right!

To top it off, I absentmindedly opened my contact case and proceeded to 'pour' my contacts down the drain. Hmm. Maybe I need to go back to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Angela, but I must come to the aid of Mr. Howe!

What better way to test a child's understanding than to blatantly (and purposefully) violate a rule? Mr. Howe's grammar-crimes are equivalent to the apparent misdeeds of an undercover policeman during a sting operation: sometimes good guys pretend to be bad guys in order to catch real bad guys.

In this case, Mr. Howe caught three kids doing the right thing: they spotted his crime and they turned him in!

Can't wait for tomorrow's installment... : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails